Field Service/Desktop Support Technician
From our base in Pittsfield, in the Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts, we help organizations enjoy the benefits of computers and information technology without the burden typically associated with planning, implementing, and maintaining technology solutions.
Founded in 1987, CompuWorks has the experience, technical certifications, and depth of resources to be your outsourced IT (Information Technology) department or to compliment your internal IT staff.
- Strategic Information Technology planning and consulting.
- Local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) design and deployment.
- Computer network maintenance and support.
- Information Technology (IT) solution engineering.
- Hardware and software sales.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Software and web solutions, including website design and support.
- On-going and emergency network, PC/hardware, and connectivity support.
- Proactive and preventative maintenance for computer hardware and networks.
- Network security solutions.
- Network & Data disaster recovery planning.
CompuWorks is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Field Service/Desktop Support Technician to join our Professional Services Team. The qualified applicant should have professional experience providing desktop-level support services in Microsoft Windows-based network environments. Job duties require the candidate to be proficient with Windows desktop operating systems, and Microsoft Outlook and able to provide both on-site and remote support. Experience working with multiple clients in a variety of environments a plus. Knowledge of HP hardware is also helpful.
Candidates should have proven skill levels as demonstrated by certifications to include: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCP, etc. Candidates should have a strong desire to advance their technical skills. Applicant must have excellent organizational, customer service, and communication skills, be detail-oriented, and able to function as part of a team.
How to apply
Please send an email to Kalee and Dana (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and anything you’d like us to know about you.
Network Administrator / Project Engineer
This position is responsible for working closely with the vCIO/Net Admin team in developing and maintaining Client technical knowledge, driving standards and best practices, and providing regular, proactive service.
The network administrator’s main purpose is to lessen reactive issues for clients. The Network Administration team enables the Virtual CIO to provide consultative services to the client that align with their business initiatives and industry best practices.
A qualified candidate needs to possess strong communication skills, accountability, and ownership of issues to completion.
(Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge of the client environment for assigned client accounts.
- Perform regular proactive services to validate other CompuWorks service delivery areas are working effectively. For example; Centralized Services (monitoring, patching, etc…) and Service Desk (escalations, ticket resolution).
- Work to drive CompuWorks standards and best practices across the assigned client base.
- Minimize reactive service issues by identifying trends.
- Identify technical risk through the completion of CompuWorks’ best practices checklist tool.
- Foster the technical relationship with the client.
- Review standards, work with vCIO to evaluate technical risks, and work to bring them into alignment with CompuWorks best practices.
- Work with vCIO on recommendations for overall client IT systems improvement.
- Work with the vCIO and Service Desk to identify reactive support trends within the client environments
- Manage and/or execute projects deployed within assigned client accounts.
Account Management Responsibilities
- Perform regular visits as assigned to assigned clients. Coordinate and communicate with client DCCs (Designated Client Contacts) during these visits.
- Utilize structured communication as laid out by the vCIO when interacting with the DCC
- Participate in Client IT Steering meetings including informal remote and formal on-site meetings. Meetings objectives will include; Review Performance Metrics, Discuss Client Business Challenges and Needs, Quotes, Projections, Budget review, Review Performance Metrics, Receive Client Feedback
- As needed, engage with 3rd party IT vendors to collect current and future product and service information.
- The job requires regular travel and occasional off-hours or weekend work
- Research and evaluate third party vendors for client and internal use
- Maintain up to date Time Entries and Expenses for billing and accounting purposes
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within relevant IT fields
- Support skills within the Microsoft and VMware environments
- General understanding of small business IT systems
- Valid Driver’s License and insured Motor Vehicle available for occasional client calls
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data management, project management, and analytical skills
- Super detail-oriented, follows and implements corporate procedures and policies
- Compensation may consist of two components that will total the “Targeted Annual Earnings” (TAE) for this position. The components will be base salary and Incentive compensation.
- A base salary will be provided with an offer letter
- Participation in 401k plan
- Monthly stipend for cell phone service
- Generous company health and dental benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- 15 days of PTO (Paid Time Off) per annum
Founded in 1987, CompuWorks, a leading Managed IT and Technology Success Provider works with clients throughout the northeast from its home base in Pittsfield, MA. The company is an open-book company with active incentive compensation and a profit-sharing program.
CompuWorks is a 4-time Inc. 500 award winner, and has been a recipient of the Western Massachusetts Entrepreneurial Hall of Fame Achievement Award, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Chip award, and has been recognized by the Chamber of Commerce of the Berkshire as Entrepreneurs of the Year. The company was recently ranked on the MSP501 list of the top managed IT providers in the world, ranking #15 in New England.
Learn more about us