CompuWorks Job Posts
Service Desk Technician
CompuWorks is seeking a Service Desk Technician to join our team! You will be assisting with the technological needs of clients, both large and small. We support a diverse client base allowing immersion in many facets of IT service. Our service desk team lends a helping hand in healthcare, banking, education, legal, manufacturing, and other industries. If you're interested in seeking a career that will strengthen your technical ability across the board, CompuWorks has an opportunity for you.
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, in person, or electronically
- Documenting client IT environments
- Following prescribed processes for managing service requests
- Track customer issues and resolutions
- After hours support rotation
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in IT troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Customer service experience
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to communicate to clients in a non-technical manner
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Discipline to follow defined processes, track time, and create/revise documentation
- Positive and professional demeanor
- History of employment success and commitment
- A+, Net+, Security+ and ITIL certification a plus
Network Administrator / Project Engineer
This position is responsible for working closely with the vCIO/Net Admin team in developing and maintaining Client technical knowledge, driving standards and best practices, and providing regular, proactive service.
The Network administrator’s main purpose is to lessen reactive issues for clients. The Network Administration team enables the Virtual CIO to provide consultative services to the client that align with their business initiatives and industry best practices.
A qualified candidate needs to possess strong communication skills, accountability and ownership of issues to completion.
(Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge of the client environment for assigned client accounts.
- Perform regular proactive services to validate other CompuWorks service delivery areas are working effectively. For example; Centralized Services (monitoring, patching, etc…) and Service Desk (escalations, ticket resolution).
- Work to drive CompuWorks standards and best practices across assigned client base.
- Minimize reactive service issues by identifying trends.
- Identify technical risk through the completion of CompuWorks’ best practices checklist tool.
- Foster the technical relationship with the client.
- Review standards, work with vCIO to evaluate technical risks and work to bring them into alignment with CompuWorks best practices.
- Work with vCIO on recommendations for overall client IT systems improvement.
- Work with the vCIO and Service Desk to identify reactive support trends within the client environments
- Manage and/or execute projects deployed within assigned client accounts.
Account Management Responsibilities
- Perform regular visits as assigned to assigned clients. Coordinate and communicate with client DCCs (Designated Client Contacts) during these visits.
- Utilize structured communication as laid out by the vCIO when interacting with the DCC
- Participate in Client IT Steering meetings including informal remote and formal on-site meetings. Meetings objectives will include; Review Performance Metrics, Discuss Client Business Challenges and Needs, Quotes, Projections, Budget review, Review Performance Metrics, Receive Client Feedback
- As needed, engage with 3rd party IT vendors to collect current and future product and service information.
- Job requires regular travel and occasional off-hours or weekend work
- Research and evaluate third party vendors for client and internal use
- Maintain up to date Time Entries and Expenses for billing and accounting purposes
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within relevant IT fields
- Support skills within the Microsoft and VMware environments
- General understanding of small business IT systems
- Valid Driver’s License and insured Motor Vehicle available for occasional client calls
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data management, project management and analytical skills
- Super detail oriented, follows and implements corporate procedures and policies
- Compensation may consist of two components that will total the “Targeted Annual Earnings” (TAE) for this position. The components will be base salary and Incentive compensation.
- A base salary will be provided with offer letter
- Participation in 401k plan
- Monthly stipend for cell phone service
- Generous company health and dental benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- 15 days of PTO (Paid Time Off) per annum
Administrative & Finance Assistant
The Administrative and Finance Assistant provides critical operational support in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. The individual in this position supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication and is responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Effective communication via phone and email is essential to ensure that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
The Administrative and Finance Assistant also relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Job duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Supporting VP Operations
- Supporting Accounting Manager
- Preparing of reports and compiling of data as requested by the management team
- Assisting with customer service (answering telephones and company e-mail)
- Overseeing and processing accounts receivable
- Overseeing and processing accounts payable
- Reconciling company credit card statements
- Processing expense reports
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Managing office supplies
- Assisting with vendor management
- Making business travel arrangements
- Coordinating company events
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of accounting principals
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Learns quickly
- Excellent work habits, punctual, follows a defined process
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with business operational software (ERP, PSA etc.) desirable
- A positive attitude and team player
Founded in 1987, CompuWorks, a leading Managed IT and Technology Success Provider, works with clients throughout the northeast from its home base in Pittsfield, MA. The company is an open-book company with an active incentive compensation and profit-sharing program.
CompuWorks is a 4-time Inc. 500 award winner, and has been a recipient of the Western Massachusetts Entrepreneurial Hall of Fame Achievement award, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Chip award, and has been recognized the Chamber of Commerce of the Berkshire as Entrepreneurs of the Year. The company was recently ranked on the MSP501 list of the top managed IT providers in the world, ranking #15 in New England.
We are proud of the following awards
Western Massachusetts Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame Achievement
Hewlett Packard Service Excellence Award
Four-time recipient of “Inc. 500”– Inc. Magazine’s annual listing of the 500 fastest growing private U.S. companies.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Chip Award
Downtown Inc. Presidential Award Winner
Chamber of Commerce of the Berkshires Entrepreneur of the Year