5 Reasons You Need Unified Communications
As Told by Our Experts
Communication is essential to the success of your business. Whether you’re collaborating with team members or meeting with new customers, it’s imperative that you optimize the communication process. But, you knew that. Not because some fancy corporation told you it was crucial, but because 95% of people in the workforce say that face-to-face interactions are essential to building long-term business relationships. But, did you know that unified communication solutions are your best chance of boosting the way you collaborate? We asked our experts and here’s why they said it’s your best option:
- Gives You Call Control | When someone contacts you, whether they’re looking for more information on your products or looking to purchase your services, are they instantly connected with the right person? Maybe… sometimes. But, what about those other times – the times when someone calls and becomes frustrated with the back-and-forth of call transfers and hold time? Unified communications (UC) puts you back in control. When someone calls, you’ll know precisely why they’re calling before you say “hello,” helping them get to the right person the first time.
- Integrates Your Platforms | Deploying a new process and system is difficult if it doesn’t work with your current software solutions. That’s why integrating with existing platforms is an essential part of the decision-making process. UC connects with your instant messenger, fax machine, web applications, video conferencing devices, CRM and more to leverage efficiency and minimizes downtime.
- Enhances the Way You Conference Call | There’s just something about meeting customers and team members face-to-face that helps drive conversations. The majority of communication is nonverbal, between facial expressions and tone of voice. That’s why video conferencing has a ton of benefits for the workplace. UC makes conversing in real-time feasible. By using IP addresses, you can talk with, and see, multiple people from all different locations without skipping a beat.
- Increases the Availability of Your Team | When conversing with your team, you probably find that it’s easier to get your answer quickly when you go see your colleague in person. But, did you know that you’re wasting more time looking around the office than if you were able to contact them directly? With UC, you can instantly message or call your colleague to get the answer you need quickly and efficiently. Whether someone is working from home, in a meeting or gone for lunch, you’ll reach them without stepping away from your workspace.
- Places Accountability Where It’s Due | One of the largest downsides to traditional phone systems is that you never know which employee is talking to which customer (unless you ask). With UC, you trace every call from dial to “end call.” If you’re talking to customers, you’ll know with whom they’ve previously conversed, and if you’re talking internally to your team, you can track and record your conversations with colleagues.
Deploying unified communications is only one way to make communication easier. Are you ready to ramp up the way you conduct conversations?
Contact us today to learn about our other telecom and managed services – let’s optimize your productivity.
- Blog (16)